Cloud Backup Robot can create backups of Azure SQL Database. To make it do the job, you have to properly configure the connection between Azure SQL Database and Cloud Backup Robot. Below you can find a detailed description of the process.
8.1 Configure Firewall
- First, configure your Firewall so that backups could be created from your IP address.
To do so, visit https://manage.windowsazure.com. Select SQL DATABASES –> SERVERS. You will see the list of the all the servers. Click on the server you need.
- Press Configure and add your IP to the list of the allowed IP addresses. Your IP address will be detected automatically. Add it by pressing the ( -> ) button.
- Your IP will appear in the list of the allowed IP addresses. Press Save.
Now you have your Firewall configured and you can create backups from your IP address.
8.2 Obtain Connection String
Then you have to obtain Connection Strings to enable Cloud Backup Robot to connect the SQL server.
- Select SQL DATABASES –> DATABASES. Then select the required database and click on it.
- Press View SQL Database connection strings.
- Copy the Server and User ID lines as shown on the picture below.
For example, to connect Cloud Backup Robot to Azure SQL Database, the following parameters can be used (taken from the picture above):
Server name: tcp:mkijrfudrpu.database.windows.net, 1433
User name: MyLoginName
Password: Your password (not shown on the picture)